Expert Witness Services
Vincent Theobald-Vega is a registered expert witness and provides expert witness reports and case support including attendance in Court.
Cases have included:
- Pre-case reviews, where solicitors are investigating the strength of a case before defending actions (civil or criminal).
- Case reviews during a case to establish the strength of the case and consider where more evidence is required.
- Expert Witness statements during civil or criminal cases.
- Appearances in Court to give witness in person (including Crown Court).
- Reports after cases (including historic cases) to consider if lessons should have been or have been learnt from the events leading to the case.
There are other options, none of the above examples are considered to be limiting.
Awards, Experience and Qualifications
Awards for Vincent’s Expert services
Since 2015 Vincent has been winning awards for the quality, range and depth of the services provided. Please go to the awards page for the full list. The list is also maintained in the CV.
10 years with the HSE as an Inspector, dealing with Agriculture, Forestry, Construction, Demolition, Asbestos Removal, Fairgrounds, and other issues (including supporting the Factory and Quarries Inspectors).
Undertaking numerous criminal prosecutions including some high profile incidents. Also gained significant amounts of media publicity following prosecutions and campaigns to prevent accidents.
13 years at Newcastle University (10 as Head of Safety) dealing with all the safety implications of a £500M pa organisation. This included farms, rail sidings, a boat in the North Sea, and 180 academic and accommodation buildings, not to mention the 23,000 people (staff and students) and the members of the public that could be on site on any given day.
The University also expanded to at least six overseas centers including campuses in Malaysia.
During this time Vincent also developed and supported health and safety contracting services supporting other Universities in the North East in their health and safety provisions.
In 2012 Vincent launched Safety 4 HEd LLP and started providing commercial consultancy for the University sector, research companies and related organisations. This has expanded to include many other sectors, and include the provision of Expert Witness services.
Vincent’s qualifications include the following:
- Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management – FIIRSM
- Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health – FRSPH
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – CMIOSH
- Member of the Institute for Safety in Technology and Research – MISTR
- Member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association
- Associate Member of the Institute for Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Registered with the European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organisations – EurOSHM
- Registered with the Occupational Health and Safety Contractors Register – OSHCR
- Registered with the UK Register of Expert Witnesses
- BSc, Forestry,
- MSc, Biological Computation,
- PgDip Health and Safety,
- Cert Ed (LLS)